Machine to Machine (M2M) communication declare of Feb 21() soon, New Delhi there will be a 13-digit numbering scheme.
BSNL preparing for Machine to Machine (M2M) communications wherein thirteen digits numbering scheme shall be used to connect billions of machines.
No change in mobile numbering plan which to remains 10 digits.
What are the changes to be expected ?
- January 8, 2018, the directive was received by the telecom operators.
- 13-digit Machine to Machine(M2M) numbering plan will be implemented from July 1st 2018.
- Existing user’s 10-digit M2M numbers will be ported to 13-digit staring from October 1, 2018.
- The deadline for the completion of this task has been set December 31, 2018.
What is M2M ?
Machine to machine (M2M) is a boarded label that can be used to describe.
Any of Technology that enables networked devices to exchange information.
M2M SIM refers to by the technologies that enable devices. A sensor or things to communicate with each other with internet-enabled devices and system.
BSNL, in a recent letter to its equipment vendors said that in a meeting convened by the Department of Telecom(DoT).
Highlights Of M2M Numbers
- Migration of numbers to 13-digits will start by October 1, 2018.
- 13-Digit M2M numbering plan will be implemented from July.
- A decision will not have been any effect on mobile phone SIMs.
Meeting during time decided that 13-digit M2M numbering plan will be implemented. From this date onward all new M2M mobile connection s will be allocated thirteen digit numbers only.
M2M services are those where internet enabled devices like point-of-sale machines. Even latest refrigerators which communicate through a SIM card.
The DoT(Department of Telecommunication) asked telecom service provider to start issuing thirteen number for the SIM-based machine to machine services.
Officials from Bharti Airtel-India’s largest telecom service provider By Reliance jio, telecom industry body COAI(Cellular Operators Association of India) confirmed to TOI that the mobile numbers.
We have use remain unaffected by this development.